30 June 2006

My letter to Mr. Bush

The United States tortures prisoners. They drown them. They hurt them with dogs. They kill them. They threaten to hurt, drown, kill, etc. CHILDREN.
Sure, Terrorists hurt children, too.
Once, citizens of the US could take some comfort in the fact that they WERE NOT terrorists.
They were on the side of good. The good guys.

I've got news.

The good guys don't hurt Children.


I live in the US. I'm not very patriotic, but I decided that I had to do something.
Not much, but I sent a letter to Mr. Bush.

I've included a copy of it here.


Dear Mr. President,
I have been shocked and alarmed to hear the news lately. Once The United States was a bastion of freedom. It was the land of liberty and Justice. The people of my country could feel that they were on the side of good.

Now we torture people. We threaten to harm children.

These acts make no better than barbarians. If you are 10% as moral as you claim to be, you will take some action immediately.

I am ashamed to be a citizen of the United States of America.

Brian Romine



You know what? I AM ashamed to be a citizen of the US, if that's the best we can do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

I've not sent a letter to the President, but I did send a personal e-mail to Kenny Hulshkof...I know he is anti-choice, and this was about some bill that was being discussed in the Senate, and how I thought it was a terrible bill because of x, y, z reasons........

He sent me back the "there-there, pat-pat, silly constituent" "I don't agree with you" response .....

I'm using it as a coffee-table coster at the moment.