07 November 2006

I'm mad as hell!

There were some problems at my polling place. Everyone in the Gardenside subdivision (a heavily democratic area) within St. Louis city has their name in the same book, so my Anne and I had to wait an hour in line while the four other lines in the polling place had no lines at all. The line was nearly twice as long when we left at 8:00am than it had been an hour earlier.

In talking with my 50 new friends in the line, I found out that no-one or nearly no-one in the Garden district had recieved voter registration cards, sample ballots, or indeed any information at all from the board.

The poll workers were also asking for photo ID. I don't know if that really matters, since nobody had voter ID cards anyway.

The line snaking it's way all the way around the room had the effect of Not providing any privacy for folks voting.

Was this a plot to supress Democratic votes? I'm not sure.
On the other hand, I'm not sure it wasn't. It sure smells funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grr!!!! So, were the lines segregated by last name?

You should definitly write a letter to the editor or talk to your district's city council about this......seems very fishy.