09 February 2007

Just checking in

Hello!
I'm just checking in. I don't have too much to say.
I've got a couple (well, three) helmet in the works that are going to range from very nice to very splendid. Seriously, if the one turns out like I expect, it will be very cool.

I'm home to work on a bunch of etching today. I have an order for etched brass trim.
I suspect I may under-charge on that. I'm going to use this as a test case to see if it's losing me money.

Things are boring here. I got a catalog from Rio Grande yesterday. (that's the Jeweler's supply company I have dealt with in the past)
It was very nice. Not a thing I want in it, but very tasteful. It looks like a magazine. Not like these crappy Enco catalogs. They look like a grocery ad.
The Rio Grande catalog had some cool (and very nice) hammers in it. Unfortunately, all the hammers they sell look great in photos, but are secretly only about 1/8 the size a real person wants. I guess that's appropriate for jewelers. It's annoying to me, because good raising hammers are hard to find at more than about 6 oz.

No comments: