25 August 2008

misanthropy

It's official.
I hate people.
Sort of surprising the number of persons I like individually. They fail to outweigh the sheer numbers of people ripe for my hatred.

Really, I should probably get out of retail.
I'm not sure if I'm just an introvert who works in retail, and I've been driven to misanthropy, or if my experience in retail has shown me the ugly underbelly of humanity. Currently, I'm leaning towards the latter.

Also, I haven't posted in a while. It's been a super-busy summer, I sold one of my bikes, and I hope to buy a new one soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. I want a job with no contact with anyone else. The amount of "me-me-me", inability to listen/learn/READ, and general laziness in my coworkers makes me want to cry. Don't get me started on customers.

FelletBrazing said...

I feel you man. I've had a decent number of jobs already, and most have dealt with 'customer' interaction. And the only thing tying the daily duties together is dealing with regular stupidity.

However, I sat down and thought about this one. If you were to keep two clickers in your pocket. One for really dumb/ignorant/@$$holeish people, and one for normal and even downright cool people, I think the wankers would be outnumbered. They just stick in your mind more easily. The normal/cool people just blend in.

Much like bad drivers. I/we deal with them on an almost daily basis. But how many people do give you enough room, or don't throw things or yell? But they just slip on by without mentioning.

Not to say I don't think many people aren't a-holes. But when one deals with the sheer number of people that you and I do/have, even a minority percentage is a large number.

Unknown said...

You know, Chris, you're right. Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees.

Anne pointed out basically the same thing to me the other day.